Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Professional Learning Networks (10/14)

I didn't really think about PLNS or  realize that I was part of PLNs before taking this class.  I belong to many PLNs and I get weekly and daily updates from several educational groups (Disability Scoop, SmartBrief on EdTech, SmartBrief on Leadership, ASCD SmartBrief, Autism Speaks to name a few).  I would imagine that my classmates have been involved in PLNs for years but may not have had a name for them.  As teachers, we love to find new ideas for helping our students and PLNs provide us the ideas as well as the support and motivation we need.  Twitter has given me the opportunity to bring all these organizations into one place as it acts as my educational magnet.

I have to admit that I never thought I would be a fan of twitter and now I'm encouraging other people to try it.  I love it!  I'm following some great educational organizations, teachers, and news organizations.  I've found some relevant and interesting articles on regular education and special education and I'm enjoying reviewing my twitter feed every day.  I used to unwind by reviewing my Facebook feed and would skip over most of the content as it did not interest me.  Twitter is like my FB newsfeed but with content that I am interested in seeing instead of what someone ate for dinner.

While researching my flash mob/smart mob presentation, I found this image and article so I just had to share!  I was attracted to the image and giggled when I first saw it. But the article is about the powerful use of Twitter in social movements and revolutions, no laughing matter. 

4 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you are finding value in Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to participate in a twitter chat tonight!
    /Users/vossl/Desktop/Screen Shot 2015-10-26 at 8.03.36 PM.png

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I have to figure out how to add the screen shot to the blog to show you. At least I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a link to my twitter account in case you want to follow me!
    https://twitter.com/search?q=%40lynndvoss&src=typd

    ReplyDelete