Friday, November 6, 2015

Tech Tac Toe, Part One                                                                                               November 6, 2015                  

After making an iMovie, this assignment felt like a walk in the park!

First, I must toot my own horn as I made another iMovie.  My son, Max, turned 21 this week and I wanted to do something special for him so I made an iMovie about him.  Second time around was so much more fun.  I used the scanner to upload all the old photos instead of taking photos of the photos. I navigated iPhoto and iTunes with ease instead of becoming frustrated.  I would add the movie but I want to respect his privacy. I feel like a walking commercial for iMovie as I keep telling friends/colleagues to use it.

To Blabberize or Not to Blabberize?

I found the Blabberize tech tool to be entertaining but I doubt I will use it in my professional practice.  Since I am able to navigate iPhoto now, I was able to try several photos in the blabberize process. It was easy to use and fun to do.  I could envision using it on a smart board but as a special education resource teacher, I work with small groups of students and I don't create or use smart board presentations.  I don't have a class website but when I create one then I could see using the blabbers on my website.  My students could create blabbers but I only have them for a limited amount of time and I don't want to spend that time on blabberizing.  In general,  I don't feel that it would be valuable enough for me to find ways to incorporate it into my daily practice.  I can see using it in my personal life as my teenage boys may find it entertaining.

The frustrating part of the process was trying to embed the blabber.  The website generated a embed code but when I entered it into the widget and published, it was blank.  I was able to download the video and upload as you can see below and I hope it works. I set up a link as well.

Halloween Blabber



1 comment:

  1. I love that you found another reason to make another iMovie! That is wonderful news!! Thanks for the honest reflection regarding Blabberize. Not every tool will fit every educational setting and I appreciate your honesty. It's nice, however for you to be able to see what is available.

    ReplyDelete