Sunday, November 8, 2015


Dr. Seuss ThingLink

What a great tool and so easy to use!  Of all the tech tools we have explored, ThingLink is my favorite one.  Searching for examples, I found a large collection of educational ThingLinks incorporating all subjects.  So many great ideas that pertained to education.

I was able to navigate the site easily and create a Dr. Seuss ThingLink quickly.  I found an image with several Dr. Seuss characters so I was able to put a tag for the corresponding book on each character.  Finding the read aloud Dr. Seuss stories was easy on youtube as there was a large selection for each book.  It may be more difficult to find read aloud stories for different authors but then I could create my own videos using iMovie.  My students struggle with reading and benefit from listening to audio books.  I'd like them to read along as they listen so I used examples showing the words on the page.  I could develop ThingLinks for a variety of authors and load them on my classroom website (once I make one) and my students could choose from a selection of books on the ThingLink of a particular author.  I look forward to using ThingLink with my students.









4 comments:

  1. Great idea, Lynn. My kindergartners would definitely benefit from your Dr. Seuss creation when we celebrate Theodore Geisel's birthday in March. I never thought to search for pre-made ThingLinks. Thanks to you I will check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so easy! I hope to make more of them as it would be great for special education students. Glad you will be able to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! As we do our author studies in kindergarten, I will keep this in mind and share with you any that we create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use Thinglink! This could also be sent to parents as a resource.

    ReplyDelete